Monday, March 31, 2014

Change

Wine Helps!
Our world is made of metamorphosis. In a constant state of change we, as human beings, remain constant also: in various degrees of total resistance. Transition brings us to new places and new thoughts. We have a choice to accept and grow or resist bitterly. The act of acceptance and growth is really dying to an old understanding and usually a limited perception. So what does this have to do with art? Artists have the wonderful advantage of receiving growing opportunities every time they enter the studio. Knowing this does not really help me at the moment. I am in a state of transition. The last few months have been delightful in my total immersion in studio work to prepare for and entertain my solo show. I feel complete in that wholesome environment, that sacred space. I understand the wisdom of painting every day. My engagements with the brush however seem to come in clumps. This interlude includes much that has nothing to do with canvas. We are renovating. We are in the process of deciding what those renovations will look like and driving the bidding contractors and ourselves crazy… Once they are done I will be moving my studio into my own. So good. In the meantime how do I transition into acceptance and growth? Resistance comes naturally. Studio withdrawal has set in. Somewhere in the chaos I need a few king pins of routine. Again I am grateful for deadlines. I have another show coming up in November and I cannot repeat the same paintings I am showing in my solo at present. So…. All is well and all will be well as I choose the dates with my brushes, this time, watercolour brushes. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment