Sunday, March 23, 2014

Last Minute



There is always something to do in the last minute. In fact some people rely on the last minute to get anything done! My solo show was quite different in that respect for me. I had things under control about two weeks before the delivery date. At least I thought so. I am not so good with the business side of things; although I did do a lot better on the advertising there still is room for a copious amount of improvement. For example I received an email from a wonderful reporter for a local newspaper wondering when I might be ready to let him know about the upcoming show…. That was on Monday. Sigh. I did not contact the other media even then… Sigh again. It is a Freudian slip showing I prefer being a hermit. Of course that does not sell paintings. All in all the reception was remarkable in that so many people did attend and so many of them wanted to stay longer than usual. Some promised to return with someone else so they could contemplate the paintings more intensely. My work does inspire contemplation. I suspect that is because it is a product of contemplation. I love what I do. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment