Monday, April 14, 2014

Creativity



Someone told me recently that I move through life in constant creation. There is not a moment when my mind is idle from fanciful imaginings. Lately I have been imaging in unusual ways. Creating includes sewing curtains and talking to contractors. The messy business of deconstructing and reconstructing will soon begin. I am refashioning my sacred space. There is a danger in losing my way through the rubble. I am thankful for the many opportunities I have to submit proposals for exhibitions and to participate in local group showings. Today I will organize yet another cover letter and the varied documentation which accompanies each tender.  I will practice the songs for Holy Thursday celebrations. As I do not have the skill to play a musical instrument my practice will consist of memorizing the verses… I am thankful for deadlines too. The show in November in CAVA demands production. This time it will be watercolours. The studio schedule begins next week. This week I am recreating comfortable spaces for our renters. I take pleasure in creativity, no matter what form it takes. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment