Monday, June 23, 2014

Invitation: to Ponder



Pondering is an ancient and somewhat lost practice in our busy present days. I tend to ponder a little when I am surprised by extraordinary beauty. My pondering also tends to be too little. Lately my soul has been calling for park time. Hugging a tree, breathing deeply, walking slowly, taking time to really look, these are practices designed to keep me sane. Being artist has given me an edge over most people as the creative process requires connection and pondering. The painting before you is the latest in the “Invitation” series, a lot of which has been centred around the Jasper area. There are about ten others coming over the next few months. I suspect the calling for park time will become more insistent if I continue to ignore it. Painting will continue to give me the respite I need as I pack the boxes and move into my new space. However, I will take time to ponder, in a park, this week. That might be a good idea for everyone…. Happy pondering!

No comments:

Post a Comment