Monday, June 16, 2014

Plugged




The hole in my fence is plugged! There are a few things left to do with my new studio though… like a roof and a window and doors… Apparently the city guidelines have changed in sixty years and the contractor is no longer allowed to replace the windows on the south side. Since no windows are allowed on the west side and there will be an interior wall to separate my work space from the gallery on the east side that leaves the north side. Basically the north side is a regular eight by seven garage door for easier access when I bring in my large canvases. God is so good. I will have my north light after all. We will get a door with windows in it…. I can see it all now! I was hoping for attic space but it looks like we will be storing more in our crawl space than in the attic. The struts cannot support much weight. In the meantime the walls and the shelving in my present studio are much emptier. The cupboards are bare. There is still a lot to pack and I keep wanting things… So typical. I know which box it is in; do I really need it? At this point the answer is no! I am busy enough with my watercolours. Next week I will show you the finished “Invitation: to Ponder”. Just about to add the poetry. Life is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment