Monday, June 30, 2014

Trenched




There is some satisfaction in knowing I have more electricity in my studio than in the house. The other day the contractor was up on the roof installing the shingles when his stapler suddenly quit working. I opened the back door and apologized for deciding on toast for breakfast. Apparently the circuit includes the one plugin for the kitchen, the fridge, the furnace room and all the kitchen lights as well as the outdoor receptacle into which the stapler was plugged. We do have a hundred volt panel that is very much underused at the moment… I might try my hand at electricity sometime in the near future. I am sure I could do a better job. In the meantime the siding is done, the gas and the electrical lines with an extra something for an alarm system in case I get famous are all installed. It has even been inspected! So exciting! Now for the inside. It is getting so close to moving time. I am not sure I am excited about that, however. One must accept the fact there are benefits and prices attached to every decision… In this case the benefits far outweigh the price. I am so looking forward to my own space again. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment