Monday, August 18, 2014

A Little Piece of Heaven




In the midst of renovations, building a garden shed, insulating the crawl space, building a retaining wall around the plumbing in the crawl space and ignoring the finishing work (filling and painting) on the gallery and shed, we decided to go camping. Having taken a six or seven year hiatus from camping we found our supplies in disarray. Several things were missing. Fortunately our now adult children did manage to fill in the gaps and we left for a little piece of heaven late on Friday. The tents and food arrived well before we did so we parked the car, dropped our belongings in the cabin and discovered the bed had been made for us. Lovely. We grabbed a couple of already cooked hamburgers and sat down. So easy! A little later the boys figured out how to cut the massive chunks of tree into more useable pieces while I sipped on my beer. I must say I enjoy being older! Watching the embers glow and flicker amid the dance of flames my body relaxed and an attitude of profound gratitude pervaded my being. It is so good to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment