Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Great Yellow Pipe



I should have known… Not everyone is aware neither of what a gallery consists, nor for what it might be used. I did tell all those involved that although it looks like a garage it is really a studio/gallery. Sigh. I wish I could say I handled this with “quiet conviction” as Richard Rohr would suggest. I am not quite at the peaceful heart part that would have avoided the tirade. The contractor and I had just put on the finishing touches to my magnificent space the day before. I came home to see my new heater installed in my workshop and then I saw the neon yellow snake crawling up the gallery wall, across the ceiling and through the wall… I managed to ask, “Can I paint it?” The answer was ‘no’. By the next day, when I phoned the man in charge of the plumbing company, I was no longer thinking of paint. The fateful words, “It’s just a garage,” triggered an avalanche of words about putting such monstrosities through living rooms, etc. I apologized the next day for dumping forty years of frustration on him… Sigh again… Indeed, the pipe will be removed. I will patch up the holes and repaint. Life is still good.














No comments:

Post a Comment