Monday, September 22, 2014

Disappointment



So did you figure out what was missing? Yes! The reference photo! My imagination had improved the image so I was somewhat disappointed when I actually found it. Nevertheless it did inspire some movement on the watercolour. My progress came to an end with another unforeseen circumstance. Dividing my time between painting and organizing my space I now have all of the heavy pieces and most of the storage cupboards in place. Moving the last significant table into its permanent (I like that word!) location I bent down to install the bolts and discovered light peeking in under the wall. The cement must not be level because the wood of the wall and the floor do not meet. Thinking about how I had installed the shelving with bolts into the studs, how I had put my paper in the storage unit and how heavy my filing cabinets are, I dropped the wrench and walked out. Terribly disappointed again I chose to give myself some space to think and perhaps find a solution that would not involve moving everything away from the walls. Disappointment descended into depression with the realization I would not meet my deadlines and this job is best done before I leave (in case the snow flies before I come back). I am in Toronto for a week beginning tomorrow. I bought some spray foam insulation then sat down and read a book. The respite helped me move back into an attitude of gratitude as I enumerated all for which I am so grateful. The job is done. I did not move anything and there is no more light seeping in through the cracks (no mice, no winter wind!). Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment