Monday, September 8, 2014

Moved

Studio Workspace
Gallery
I am not as young as I used to be. By the time we had everything in my studio/gallery I was ready for bed. There is nothing wrong with taking a nap in the afternoon; in fact it is necessary at times. Taking care of me allows me to function more efficiently later. Later meant returning the moving van. I must admit I am not quite so enthusiastic about driving a twenty-foot truck as in my former days. I am thankful I did not hit anything although there may be some new scratches on the roof. Alleyway trees are not as well pruned as those on the street. Twenty feet is long. Every time my husband indicated that I had backed the required distance I was ready to go another ten feet at least. I am not used to leaving a vehicle hanging out in the middle of the road or blocking it entirely. There was one huge advantage to this particular van: a lift. The heavy stuff, and there is a lot of heavy stuff, easily made the distance between the ground and the truck bed. The heavy-duty dolly also helped enormously. The rest was muscle and the crew took care of that. All I need now is a little rearranging…

No comments:

Post a Comment