Monday, September 15, 2014

The Missing Piece



The best laid plans of mice and artists! So I knew where to find my watercolours and where to find my brushes. I knew where to find the paintings on which I was working. I even had the lights and the water in place. Can you tell what is missing in the image above? So what does one do when something is missing? Rant and rave? I used to. This time I sighed and stepped back. There was no point in continuing in the direction I had planned so what next? While doing something else I will find what I need. There are only about fifty boxes to unpack and put away. Putting away is a little difficult at this point as the storage shelves are not in place. That is it! Install some storage. Since I really did not want to add sawdust to the atmosphere in my studio and it was raining I decided to go with the steel units which would fit nicely beside the large door opening to the west. As the pieces were rather heavy I chose to take them apart, move them to the location, move the boxes that were in the way and reconstruct them on the spot. Once set is now bolted into the wall. The second set is in bits all over the floor. I have not figured out how to level the footing as they have been cut at different heights against the holes through which I install the bolts. I might just use a little wood under the offending shorts. Have you figured out what is missing?.... Life is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment