Monday, November 24, 2014

Busy Days



I unpacked half a dozen boxes and put the contents in three different places: on the shelf, in the garbage or into recycling. The walls in my studio are also being adorned with some of my early work, the milestones such as my very first watercolour. Some of the older paintings are still stored away in another location. Soon it will all be in one place. Today my daughter who wanted help moving furniture distracted me. She is purging as well… must be the season!  A few more boxes, portfolios filled with paper and some other art supplies ended up in my studio. Sometimes I wonder if I am making headway. My show at CAVA has come and gone. Collected the paintings on Wednesday. For those who missed it “Invitation” will be showing again at the Glenrose in September/October next year. A select number of my mixed media series “Connections” will be showing in the Mezzanine Gallery at the Glenrose beginning December 15th. I have found the varnish and I plan to put the finishing touches on at least those pieces before they go up again. There will also be some all occasion cards on sales as well as the possibility of purchasing the book on the series. There will be an official opening reception for the show sometime in the New Year. All is well and all will be well. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment