Monday, January 12, 2015

Excuses

In the living room

At the entrance

In the bedroom
I have often been asked how I can expect anyone to hang my overlarge paintings in ordinary homes. Well, now that I live in an “ordinary home” (as if anything about being an artist is ordinary!), I can assure anyone, it is possible. Our place is not very large, downright cozy in fact. I am reminded of the days of old when walls were covered with tapestries, not only for decoration but to reduce the cold and to prevent echoing. Echoing is not a problem in our place! I certainly enjoy being surrounded by my own inspirations. I admit one does have to like the image if it covers most of the wall. Which brings me to the subject of excuses. There are a variety of excuses used by potential customers who do not wish to purchase any work. I have learned to listen and I am often amused when they tell me they no longer have any wall space. There is always room. I know that myself when I fall in love with a painting I will make room. Falling in love is what it is all about. Why would anyone buy a painting unless it spoke to him/her at a very deep level? There is another level of communication going on between the viewer and the artist, something magical when the song is heard together. That is the kind of rapport I would like to see for all of my work. If it is not there then by all means leave it behind. There will be others… Life is good.

P.S. I apologize for the quality of the photos, not a steady enough hand in the semi-light.

No comments:

Post a Comment