Monday, January 5, 2015

Reflections



It is good to look back and see what has been accomplished over the previous year and to look forward to what is to come. I can barely remember the irritations I encountered while preparing “Connections” in my hundred square feet of studio space. Many of the twenty-two pieces were five or more feet long and I kept hitting the ceiling or the light fixtures! With all of the restrictions the show went on at PAVA and a selection of the same series is showing at the Glenrose presently. The whole series will be showing in St. Albert in November this year at VASA. The summer was very busy with building and renovating. As well as my studio/gallery we installed a new shed and made an addition to the house. Packing my acrylics and working my watercolours while moving my studio allowed me to finish another series for a show in November at CAVA. “Invitation” will have a couple of venues this year, one in St. Albert in April at the Bookstore and the other in the Blue Curve Gallery at the Glenrose during September/October. In the meantime I look forward to reacquainting myself to life-drawing at Harcourt and some en plein air painting in the river valley or, perhaps, just around my neighbourhood. A new website (BETA) is in the offing with increased capacity for on-line purchases. This ties in with better connections between various on-line venues with which I am involved. And I will get my gallery ready to show. It all takes time. I also look forward to more regular studio indulgences and a trip to Europe… Life is good.   

No comments:

Post a Comment