Monday, February 9, 2015

The Process




Centring prayer has become more important in my life lately. It is an ancient form of prayer something similar to the Buddhist practice of “emptying” I was told. The idea is to get to a point of communion with God in that space within each of us where he dwells. Sounds easy… I find if I do manage to quiet my mind well enough to listen I tend to fall asleep! Sigh… In any case contemplation has been a part of my painting process for a very long time. With the various experiments I am in the midst of performing I am now at that point of contemplation: where do I go from here? Is it finished? Now what? I imagine it is something like sitting on an egg. The excitement is rising as I am beginning to see the next steps. There is a hint of tissue paper in the air with colours I do not have on hand: more mess! So much fun! All of that is on hold until tomorrow though. I have lesson plans to make and lessons to teach, people to meet and places to go. As I grow older I am better able to go with the flow. Life is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment