Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Fun


I have been having too much fun lately. Perhaps it is because spring is in the air. Winter is losing its hold, the sun is out, the streets are running with melted snow and everyone is getting a little more vitamin D. On the other hand some people make the day brighter just by their presence. The Redwater Art Society is one group of people made up of a special kind of enthusiasm, engaging repartee, a touch of teasing and sincere caring that makes living so much easier. We have a blast every time we get together and last Thursday/Friday was no exception. Reportedly I was teaching new skills in the construction of a landscape with acrylics. We pushed some paint around, laughed a lot and connected in the mutual love affair in which we all share: the creative process. I learned a lot. Certainly my ambition this summer is to use the warm days and the beautiful river valley to practice what I taught. Perhaps I will get better at it! Life is so good. 

Don't forget to drop in on my latest show at The Bookstore, 7 Perron St., St. Albert AB. The opening reception is booked for the 11th April between 1pm and 4pm. Would love to see you!.

No comments:

Post a Comment