Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Hidden in Plain Sight





I love mystery. When I create a garden the path leads around corners where surprises lay hidden. I am delighting in the direction my painting is leading me.  I have a small idea where we might be going and then, on the other hand, I may know nothing! Today I just followed and found faces among the splotches and blobs. There is excitement in the air as I discern the conversation. The theme has been born. At one point I just stopped as I felt a certain tension and frustration within me, an occurrence which surfaces when I have been out of the studio for too long. Three weeks is too long. I stepped back and told myself to just listen. Gaze, listen and relax. The act of contemplation, letting go of results and submerging in the pleasure of texture, colour and rhythm, often opens doors formerly closed. This moment of being, just being, is so necessary for our wellbeing in all walks of life. I am fortunate to pursue a livelihood conducive to wellness. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment