Monday, March 16, 2015

Improvements




One of the ways I choose to unblock is diversion. Yes, my new series is challenging me and it needs time to incubate. There is a multitude of tasks awaiting my attention so I do not lack in variety of choice. My gallery is not quite ready for display purposes as yet and I decided to put my mind to the building of a cover for the fuses just inside the front door. There are a few drawbacks to being an amateur carpenter. One is the job in the end is never perfect. Part of my self-improvement program is to let go of my desire to be perfect so this project fits in perfectly on so many levels! Aw, perfection. I measured carefully. I cut the forty-five degree angle with my handheld circular saw. First mistake. As I have limited supplies I figured out a way to use the imperfect cut. Screwing the various pieces into the wall turned out to be a simple task as the fuse box is surrounded by two-by-four supports. A little readjustment and everything lined up well… if one does not count the fact that the cover is not quite square. And then there is the little problem in the depth of the wood is not quite sufficient for the cover to lie flat against its support pieces. Sigh… Actually few will notice once the paint is applied. The whole purpose of the cover will be satisfied: an uninterrupted view of the displayed pictures. Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment