Monday, March 23, 2015

Watercolour



I bought some new paint. Sooo fun!! There is a plethora of new media: interference, iridescence, and duochromes, in watercolours these days. I am in the process of discovering how to use these additions to my repertoire. As I splash and thrash I have come upon another realization: my experimental watercolours are looking a lot like my mixed media projects. Could it be an emerging style? Ooooh. Who knows where this might lead? The experimentation is another distraction of course. The mixed media is brooding on the easel over there, having a tantrum, because it is not a happy camper. There is something not quite right. Have not decided what it is yet so slopping around in watercolour is providing the required space to muse. And I do like a lot of what is happening on the paper. Paper is so much fun. It has a mind of its own. Life is so good.   

No comments:

Post a Comment