Monday, June 29, 2015

The Art of Babysitting




Although I missed the deadline for the Naked Show this year I know there is always a shortage of babysitters for the show and I signed up for the day on Friday having nothing else to do…. I am so thankful for the peaceful quiet the day provided. Not only did I have time to finish hemming eight pairs of pants, I wrote my blog!!! “Exposed” is a wonderful display (even without me!). The parameters of this exposition include a limitation: only work produced during the past year at Harcourt House live-model sessions is accepted. Another limit is each artist is allowed to submit five drawings/paintings with the guarantee of one to show with a maximum of three. There are several excellent pieces this year and several artists have three works showing. Well worth the time to drop in. Hurry though, the show ends June 30th. Tomorrow. Getting back to the pants… Three of them were for my wonderful husband. We celebrated Father’s Day yesterday. I know, we missed the deadline on that one too! Still, we like being different and not following the crowd… Today begins the preparations for the wedding on Saturday. Nothing like a full schedule. Nothing like a down day. Babysitting art shows is a joy when one needs a rest…. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment