Monday, June 22, 2015

The Last Minute





I am so thankful for the last minute! Last week I was anticipating the joy of drawing for the first time in what seemed like ages. Indeed there is something about the feel of a pencil on paper, there is something about the clarity of clean felt pen lines after the cleanup has been completed, there is something that opens the heart, disconnects the mind and engages the soul. Immersing myself in the delight of mark making I came up for air sometime in the evening having finalized the preliminary sketches for my submission to the Calder Library Public Art Project. I looked with satisfaction at what I had accomplished and began the more tedious task of filling out forms and completing requirements according to those in charge. One of the requests was a measurement of the entire project. Yes! That would be 16 feet by….. no! I finally found the page stating the size of the wall. As I feared: 13 feet. I put everything away and went to bed. Tomorrow morning would be a better time to tackle this… after I had calmed down with a good rest. Yes, indeed. Panic was beginning to set in as the clock approached noon. My appointment at one was twenty minutes away. Finally putting the finishing brushstrokes to paper I dashed to my computer to modify what I had already entered… I hope I picked up on all that needed changing… In any case the last minute was done and I left for an afternoon filled with connection!! All is well and all will be well. Life is so good!   

No comments:

Post a Comment