Monday, July 13, 2015

Consistency



Honing skills requires consistent practice. It has been a while since I have managed to do so. I had dreamed of getting out and painting ‘en plein air’ and I may yet; the thought of loading up and going somewhere is somehow daunting. Another artist began three hundred and sixty-five days of daily sketches; I suspect she started in January. This simple task inspired me with the confidence that it could be done since I love drawing and I always have a sketchbook with me. Now I may not have all the sketches in the same book. That would be too consistent. In any case, I have managed the first four. Another artistic activity this week is preparing for the outdoor show in the Devonian Gardens on Sunday. I will be in a tent with a display of some work from the “Connections” series which will include the book and notecards made up from the same images. The gates open at 10am and close at 6pm. Drop in and visit for a while. Life is good.   

No comments:

Post a Comment