Monday, August 17, 2015

About Daily Sketches




Here is another example of my daily sketches. As with most things in my life being consistent means doing things in clumps. There are days when I simply do not get anywhere near pen and paper. Instead of beating myself up about it I draw two or three sketches to catch up. Today is a three day. Having company come is delightful. It is also tiring and distracting. Often after a full day I crawl into bed and remember, ah, yes, the sketch. Tomorrow will be a better day. Well, there is a limit. Three is my limit. One thing I have noticed is a distinct improvement in my drawing. There is also the added feature of a calmer pace as I take the time to get lost in the mark making: what to leave white, which direction to hatch, how dark should it be? Endlessly soothing to the soul. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment