Monday, August 3, 2015

Technical Difficulties and Triumphs





I did schedule my blog last week…. Apparently only three people received it. The process is actually done manually. I am technically challenged. Sigh. On the bright side I have finished installing the hanging system for my gallery. I am so thankful I am not afraid of tools. It is a simple system using toothless carpet edging. The S-hooks rest on the lip so I installed it with the lip down. The holes were no problem to drill, larger than the screw so it would not bind and smaller than the head of the screw so it would hold. Holding the drilled edging against the wall I penciled in the holes put down the edging and took up my drill with a smaller bit to drill the holes in the wall. Makes screwing in the screws easier. I discovered the top of the wall has a two by four all the way around so there is something solid to screw into and than makes for a very strong system. I did use whatever screws I had on hand so I broke my rule about mixing product…. I prefer Robinson screws and I ended up finishing with Phillips. All I need now are the chains and the S-hooks. I have a few and a roll of chain on order. I managed to hang one painting. Life is good.   

No comments:

Post a Comment