Monday, October 26, 2015

Glenrose



The opening reception, held at almost the end of the exhibition (October 31st ) was a delightful success. It has been a while since I have done a live watercolour demonstration and being rather preoccupied these days I neglected to verify what I had in my backpack before leaving the house. The backpack is my “en plein air” studio. It has been travelling quite a bit lately and I assumed I had watercolour paper in it… Stonehenge is a superior quality paper I use for life drawing usually and it can take a fair amount of water application although it buckles more easily than Arches largely because of its weight, 90lbs rather than 140lbs. I pulled out a sheet, swore under my breath, and clipped it to the board. It is a good thing I have a little experience with manipulating paint…. Those watching the action wanted me to finish it before their eyes. Ah, yes. That takes careful planning. Sigh. I promised I would leave the painting, once completed, at the reception desk. Of course that will not meet expectations either as I have a deadline on November 4th, my number one priority! My two openings are coming up fast. The list of work for CAVA (en plein air work) is due Wednesday. I will make a list and finish the paintings over the next two weeks. They will be framed and ready for delivery on November 4th.  If I wish to change the titles, too bad, so sad.  The other opening happening on the 5th at VASA will be delivered on October 31st, same day as I pick up the Glenrose show… Life is good and busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment