Monday, October 19, 2015

Heavy Weights


So my deadline approachth. As I inch toward completion I begin to panic. Instead of twelve I decide to finish the ten I have already begun. Perhaps I will be able to add two more later… I have trouble with later. Later is not usually better. Say a prayer, breathe and let go. I so enjoy having a paintbrush in my hands on a regular basis again. There is nothing quite like the euphoria of watching paint make magic on the chosen surface. So fun. Once the painting is done there are several other steps to be completed before it goes into a frame. At the moment I have begun the next step in the process with the few I have completed: flattening. Four litre containers of molding paste and regular gel are useful when painting with watercolours. I have placed the paintings between two sheets of plywood, smooth surface facing the paintings, and piled a bunch of random weights on top. The board evenly distributes the weight. Should this method of flattening prove inadequate I will resort to an iron. In the meantime they can sit for a while as I add a few more strokes, a bit of blue here, a dab of red there… Life is good.   

No comments:

Post a Comment