Monday, January 4, 2016

After the Fog





Often this season brings with it a kind of fog. I hope everyone enjoyed Christmas and New Year celebrations. It was very different at our house. Among the things that cause the fog is a pervasive insistence on buying and baking instead of just being. It has long been tradition in our world to forgo the buying frenzy. With the exception of the grandchildren we donate what we would have spent on each other to a charity of our choice. Instead of baking this year I spent my time painting walls. No one really missed it. I may make that a tradition too, the no baking I mean. I would rather be in my studio than painting walls or baking calories. So good. During our trip north to visit family for a few days we encountered the other kind of fog. A bit dangerous driving, especially at night, the sun came out in the morning and orchestrated a spectacular display of hoarfrost. So following fog is awesome beauty! I wish everyone awesome beauty in this brand new year as we begin to move again at our normal pace. Don’t forget to stop and be. You’ll miss the spectacular displays if you move too fast. Life is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment