Monday, January 11, 2016

Practice




I thought I would share the results of my self-portrait. It must have been the seventh attempt. I am still too large, overwhelming the smaller version of my husband with which it will be coupled. Nevertheless it is done and I am free to embark on other adventures. This afternoon I will be taking in some life drawing. My intention is to concentrate on portraits, portraits of the model and of the participants. I am practicing. I find I am rusty with the art of portraiture. I have two weeks to limber my lack! I have been invited to create three portraits over the course of an evening while some really good jazz is being played. Pierre-Paul Bugeaud and his buddies always provide a delicious musical treat during the event. As usual JazzArt will include several artists who create wonderful pieces for auction at the two intermissions. It is a fundraiser for CAVA. Whoever wins the draw for the raffle will be my model for a pencil portrait, three draws, three portraits. Something a little different, challenging. I am so looking forward to it! Live is good.

P.S. Here is the invitation:

No comments:

Post a Comment